4 Ways to Deploy Spring Boot Angular App (Maven & Tomcat)
- The best practice to deploy a spring boot and angular application is to seperate the user interface code with the business logic.This provides decoupling of the client code with server code and hence the application becomes highly scalable and manageable.
- In this article, we will mainly look into 4 ways to deploy spring boot angular application and they are – using node server and tomcat, using maven war plugin, using maven resources plugin and spring boot jar packaging – – We already have two existing projects – userPortal(server) and portalApp(client)…
- Hence, here in this configuration we will configure our client project to push all the static resources to target/client and later while creating the war file we will use maven war plugin to include this in the .
- Now, we will be using maven resource plugin to copy all files from dist folder to /src/main/resources/static folder of our server project and spring boot will server these resources from the /static folder.
- In this case the angular project can be hosted on node server and spring boot application can be hosted on any other application server.
@javacodegeeks: 4 Ways to Deploy Spring Boot Angular App (Maven & Tomcat) – Enterprise Java Angular 5, Maven, Spring Boot, Tomcat
In my last spring boot angular 5 article, we implemented a full stack end to end web application using spring boot angular 5.In this article we will discuss about different ways to deploy spring boot and angular app on tomcat. We will be creating a multi module maven project with backend(server) and fronted(client) and look into 4 ways about how to deploy it using maven-war-plugin, maven-resources-plugin, jar packaging etc.
First of all, let me brief about what we built in our last example. We used angular CLI to generate angular 5 project and modified it to have functionality such as list user and add user. We used spring boot to expose REST API for the crud operation and integrated spring data to communicate with MySql database. We made use of ng serv to serv the angular project on localhost:4200 and it was consuming APIs exposed on localhost:8080. Following was the final project structure.
The best practice to deploy a spring boot and angular application is to seperate the user interface code with the business logic.This provides decoupling of the client code with server code and hence the application becomes highly scalable and manageable. The fronted developer can continue with the fronted development in parallel with the backened developer. The backend code becomes free to use and integrate different technology stacks and it becomes available for multiple clients such as the same APIs can be re-used for building android application and same can be integrated with third…