Advice I Wish I Had Been Given Before Upgrading From AngularJS to Angular 2+
- Keep in mind that the foundation of your application will be your main AngularJS component as long as your app is hybrid.If your app is split in independent modules, you should convert a whole module at a time.
- These are Angular components that (may) appear when the AngularJS app starts.
- The thing is, from the standpoint of AngularJS, pretty much any Angular component can be entry points to the Angular app.
- Remove everything AngularJS related and enjoy the beautiful code of your superb Angular app.
- Learn more about RxJS here and if you can’t wrap your head around how Observables work, check out this post by André Staltz.With AoT and Tree Shaking: Every time a component is used, it must first go through the Angular compiler to convert your template and code.
We want to share our experience with you; give you tips and tricks. This is a general guide on what to expect, how to prepare, and when to do what as you’re upgrading your app to Angular 2 and up.
@schlimmson: Advice I Wish I Had Been Given Before Upgrading From AngularJS to Angular 2+
Advice I Wish I Had Been Given Before Upgrading From AngularJS to Angular 2+As you probably know, there is a world of differences between AngularJS and the new Angular (versions 2 and up). Even thinking of upgrading is an adventure on its own. Luckily the developers behind Angular have put a lot of effort into making sure the experience is as painless as possible. But the road to Angular is still challenging when you want to upgrade anything other than a small web app.I know there are already many articles discussing this, but most of them are tutorials for super simple cases. That’s not what you’re about to read… For a technical step by step, visit Angular.io (after reading this article, of course).At Poka, we’ve slowly upgraded to Angular 2 (then 4 in the process) while still developing new features for our clients. It took a year (part-time) from beginning to end and we’ve encountered a lot a issues and obstacles along the way. We want to share our experience with you while offering you some tips and tricks.This is a general guide on what to expect, how to prepare, and when to do what as you’re upgrading your app to Angular 2 and up.TypeScriptTo fully take advantage of Angular, you’ll absolutely want to move from vanilla JS to TypeScript. Don’t worry, this step might just be the simplest one of them all.If you wanted to, you could just change your file extensions from .js to .ts and you’d be done. If you’re…