Angular Localization And Internationalization
- As a disadvantage, you need to serve an application for each locale due to the fact that all the information, including the content, is built-in when compiling the app.
- Here is an example if you want to test the German translations using the locale code : – – If you are using JIT, you need to define your provider in your main module: – – That’s all you need for getting started with internationalization in your Angular app using…
- For your Angular localization and i18n, ngx-translate seems to be more feature complete and usable than Angular’s built-in tools.
- The plugins for ngx-translate add most of the missing features like ICU message format and extracting the content for an easy start.
- The easy setup is one of the biggest advantages of Angular’s i18n feature, especially if you only use translation in your view files.
A tutorial on how web developers can use the Angular framework as a means of integration internalization (i18n) into their application/site with some libraries.
When translating an Angular app, there are multiple choices you have to make before diving into the internationalization (i18n) process. We will take a closer look at the different options for Angular localization and i18n in this post, point out advantages and disadvantages, and provide some examples.
At first, you have to decide if you want to choose the built-in tools or a third party library. Please notice that the built-in tools are not yet finished so there are some missing features we will point out in this post.
When you go with the built-in tools for your Angular localization there is a second decision to make: do you want to use the Ahead-of-Time (AOT) compiler or the Just-in-Time (JIT) compiler. With AOT, your application can be served fast and your users profit from a better performance. As a disadvantage, you need to serve an application for each locale due to the fact that all the information, including the content, is built-in when compiling the app. The decision of which language should be shown to the users needs to happen with serverside logic or by URL parameters. If you go for JIT, translations are dynamic but you need to take care to provide the translations in your application. However, keep in mind that, in this case, the performance might decrease.
There is also the option to choose a third-party library for internationalization. As an example,…