- So we shown it is now possible to do 60fps web-based augmented reality on a phone.
- After all this work done by a lot of people, we have a web-based augmented reality solution fast enough for mobile!
- I think this performance improvement makes web AR a reality.
- A-Frame magic 🙂 All details are explained in this super post “Augmented Reality in 10 Lines of HTML – AR.js with a-frame magic” by @AndraConnect.
- Augmented reality on phone have applications in many fields: history education , science or gaming.
AR.js – Efficient Augmented Reality for the Web – 60fps on mobile!
GitHub is home to over 20 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
I am focusing hard on making AR for the web a reality. This repository is where I publish the code. Contact me anytime @jerome_etienne. Stuff are still moving fast, We reached a good status tho. An article has been published on uploadvr. So I wanted to publish thus people can try it and have fun with it 🙂
Very Fast : it runs efficiently even on phones. 60 fps on my 2 year-old phone!
Open Source : It is completely open source and free of charge!
Standards : It works on any phone with webgl and webrtc
If you wanna chat, check
It works on all platforms. Android, IOS and window phone. It run any browser with WebGL and WebRTC. (for IOS, you need to update to ios11)
To try on your phone is only 2 easy steps, check it out!
You are done! It will open a webpage which read the phone webcam, localize a hiro marker and add 3d on top of it, as you can see below.
So we shown it is now possible to do 60fps web-based augmented reality on a phone. This is great…