Bringing Search to Angular
- Today, we are excited to launch Angular InstantSearch — our newest library for easily creating search UIs in Angular applications.
- After several requests from our users, we thought that Angular developers deserved a dedicated InstantSearch library.
- With Angular InstantSearch, widgets can be used easily with Angular directives.
- Angular InstantSearch provides an API letting you choose the rendering you want without having to rewrite all the search business logic code.
- With Angular InstantSearch, widgets are nothing more than regular DOM elements.
We are bringing better search to Angular with InstantSearch: our library that lets you build an advanced UI/UX search with customizable widgets — regardless of your experience with search engines!
Today, we are excited to launch Angular InstantSearch — our newest library for easily creating search UIs in Angular applications.
Our mission at Algolia is to make sure any website or application has the best search experience. But search is its own domain of expertise, with specifics concepts, specialized coding skills and UX/UI best practices. This knowledge is hard to gain and as search is only one part of a project, that’s why we want to make sure any developer can easily create a search UI even when the rest of the search puzzle is solved by someone else.
But soon it became clear that we should go a step further if we wanted to provide the best developer experience. When using a specific web framework, a developer expects a certain kind of an API that we can only provide with dedicated InstantSearch versions. That’s why in 2016 we started releasing other “flavors” of InstantSearch like React InstantSearch and Vue InstantSearch.
After several requests from our users, we thought that Angular developers deserved a dedicated InstantSearch library. This InstantSearch flavor, like all our…