Building Angular Apps: Set Up
- While the Angular official Tour of Heroes covers a lot of important topics, I’m not 100% in love with it as it omits the CLI, and it also runs a little short.
- We will actively use the Angular CLI through out this guide, however if you want to jump ahead and look over some of the documentation, you may do so here.
- The Angular CLI makes building out our component so easy, but more importantly it will layout the basics for our application with a quick and easy command!
- into the new directory created by the Angular CLI.
- All we need to do to serve our application is to run the command – – The Angular CLI will now bundle up the default code and serve it on http://localhost:4200/ – – We will pick up with our first step now that we have everything up and running by…
Guide to build a full fledges Angular application from the ground up.
@CodeIT_LLC: Building #Angular #Apps: Set Up
When learning any new technology finding quality resources can be difficult. I know having tried to learn Angular (starting with the late betas of version 2), was a nightmare. It was my first time touching anything without having a guide or a mentor, so it involved a lot of suffering and self-teaching until some decent guides came around.
Unfortunately the guide that I learned the most from has been deprecated, and was somewhat specific to the stack I was using at that time. Now when I have new developers interested in Angular ask me where they should go, I have a hard time picking a resource. While the Angular official Tour of Heroes covers a lot of important topics, I’m not 100% in love with it as it omits the CLI, and it also runs a little short. Then there is content by some experts in the area, but they often cost money, and I feel as if you should first get your feet wet to see if Angular is for you, before you commit your hard earned money to advance your skills.
So if you’re not 100% onboard the Angular train, but want to build something real where you will learn quite a bit of how to structure an application like a pro, this is the place for you!
Before we start though there are a few things we need to do, which however…