Difference between Angular 1.x and Angular 2.0
- Starting with Chrome version 45, NPAPI is no longer supported for Google Chrome.
- We have detected you are using Google Chrome and might be unable to use the Java plugin from this browser.
- Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer are recommended browsers for websites using java applets.
- Starting with Version 42 (released April 2015), Chrome has disabled the standard way in which browsers support plugins.
- We have detected that Java plugin is not installed/enabled on your browser.
Angular 2 is different from Angular 1 as it is written completely in Typescript and includes the ES6 specification. As it is not updated version of Angular 1.x so it is rewritten and has many changes.
Component based Programming:
Angular2 is component based programming language like ReactJs. Component create faster entities that are less dependent. We can say that controllers of angular1 are replaced with Components in Angular2. In Angular1 there is modular programming concept.
No $Scope in Angular 2:
In Angular2 there is no use of $scope to communicate between view and controller.
In Angular2, there is no use ng-app to bootstrap. It can be done via the code:
Angular2 is totally based on TypeScript. Other languages like ReactJs are also using TypeScript. It is very good to learn. In Angular1 there is not any concept of TypeScript.
Angular2 has mobile oriented architecture while in angular1 there was no mobile support and it supported two way data binding and responsive application.