Difference between Angular 1.x and Angular 2
- [UPDATE: Angular Team heard this and they introduced Angular CLI to create AngularJS 2 applications .
- Angular 2 Components using TypeScript
- Read my post to see click event in action How to bind Click event in Angular 2 and visit Bind Select DropDown List in Angular JS 2 to see all these features in action.
- Read my post Bind Select DropDown List in Angular JS 2 to see all these new changes in action with sample application.
- Angular CLI is for AngularJS 2 10 May , 2016
In this post, find out the difference between angular 1.x and angular 2. And also find out what’s new in Angular 2.
@K0YCHEV: Difference between #AngularJS and #Angular2
Angular 2 is still in beta (at the time of writing this post), but it has already created a buzz in community. Angular 2 will be a huge learning curve for developers. It is written entirely in Typescript and meets the ES6 specification. And it’s not an update for Angular 1.x. As it’s rewritten and includes breaking changes. So the best way to learn is to compare with Angular 1.x and find out what’s new in Angular 2. In this post, find out difference between Angular 1.x and Angular 2.
Angular 1.x was not built with mobile support in mind, where Angular 2 is mobile oriented.
In Angular 2, local variables are defined using hash(#) prefix (see above code for *ngFor).
And in Angular 2, take the HTML event and wrap it with parentheses.
Angular 2, one way data binding is achieved via wrapping the properties with square brackets.
And in Angular 2, class is the only way to define a service.
Read my post Bind Select DropDown List in Angular JS 2 to see all these new changes in action with sample application.
Angular 2 is a really big step forward. And it certainly requires some efforts to migrate from Angular 1 to Angular 2. But it is in the right direction. Things are looking better and more inline with HTML. It is still in beta but eagerly waiting for the final release.
That’s all I can think of. I know there are many points which can be included in this list. If you come across any, please mention in comments section or send it on twitter/facebook. Keep visiting for updates and share this in your network.