If a T-Rex eats Evan You, will Vue survive? – oneminutejs – Medium
- The closest contributor to Evan You has made 47 commits and the number of commits drops off quickly thereafter: – Contributors to VueBy contrast, commits among top React contributors show a more staggered pattern: – React ContributorsAs do commits among Angular contributors: – Among the top 100 contributors, Evan You is…
- Roughly half of the 23 core team members are active contributors to Vue core.Vue.js has 23 core team members (22 excluding Evan).
- The core team members who are active contributors to Vue core account for a small percentage of changes to Vue.defccdefcc is responsible for 0.4 percent of additions to Vue and 0.1 percent of deletions from Vue.
- Rahul KadyanRahul Kadyan is responsible for 0.05 percent of the additions to Vue and 0.02 percent of the deletions from Vue.
- The most tangible indication of this support is a strange creature named Hanks10100 who lists Alibaba as an organization on Github: – Hanks the Alibaba Cat Thing…Second only to Evan You, Hanks the Alibaba Cat Thing is a strong contributor to Vue: – Go Hanks the Alibaba Cat ThingHanks is responsible for…
Whenever I talk to folks about adopting Vue, they ask one question: if a T-Rex eats Evan You, will Vue survive? This is a good start to an answer to our question. A T-Rex probably could not eat a…
If a T-Rex eats Evan You, will Vue survive?Whenever I talk to folks about adopting Vue, they ask one question: if a T-Rex eats Evan You, will Vue survive?
Let’s look back at Evan You’s response to a much less dire question:
The current codebase is indeed largely developed by me, but in terms of maintenance it’s much more than just me — we have an active core team consisting of members from all over the world.
-Evan YouThis is a good start to an answer to our question. A T-Rex probably could not eat a large number of Vue contributors all over the world.
Nominally, Vue.js has 189 contributors.189 contributors!By point of comparison, React currently has 1,177 contributors and Angular has 625 contributors.
A T-Rex would be able to consume about half a human a day. Thus, a T-Rex could eat all of the contributors to Vue in a little over a year. It would take roughly 3.4 years for a T-Rex to eat all of the Angular contributors and 6.4 years for a T-Rex to eat all of the React contributors.
The level of contribution drops off quickly.Of the 189 contributors to Vue.js, only 50 have made more than one commit:
By point of comparison, contributor #51 to React has made 9 commits and contributor #51 to Angular has made 15 commits.
Contributors besides Evan You account for roughly a quarter of the commits to Vue.js.Other contributors…