On the road to Angular 5: Only one more release candidate to go?
- The first release candidate is here — it contains over 30 bugfixes, six features, three performance improvements and one breaking change.
- The Angular team released beta.5 and there are plenty of things to look at: it contains 11 bugfixes, eight features and a lot of breaking changes.
- Angular 4.2 is here and it comes bearing gifts, a.k.a five bug fixes, one feature [compiler-cli: introduce synchronous codegen API (b00b80a)] and two performance improvements: – – RC.2 was released earlier this month, shortly after the release of RC.1 and RC.0.
- With maturity comes responsibility, so even though most people see major versions as breaking changes, for the Angular team they mean that they achieved a lot and they need extra time — hence the extended RC periods through which they collect feedback, Minar explained.
- For the next six months, the Angular team will be actively working on it [release features, bugfixes].
Everyone was expecting to see a glimpse of Angular 5 at the keynote delivered by Igor Minar at the ng-conf 2017. This is what we know so far.
@jaxlondon: On the road to #Angular5: Only one more release candidate to go? #angular
The third release candidate is here — it contains three bugfixes and four performance improvements.
According to the old tentative schedule (the one which said that Angular 5 will become available on September 18 — find it below), there should be four release candidates in total. If this is still valid, there’s only one release candidate left!
Update October 6, 2017
The second release candidate is here — it contains 13 bugfixes and three performance improvements.
Update September 29, 2017
The release candidate period has begun! The first release candidate is here — it contains over 30 bugfixes, six features, three performance improvements and one breaking change.
Get ready because Angular 5 will be here before you know it!
Update September 14, 2017
If the tentative schedule still stands, we should be days away from Angular 5. However, we might have to wait until next month. No matter when Angular 5 is released, one thing is certain: the countdown has begun.
The eighth beta was released yesterday with 11 bugfixes, a couple of breaking changes and three features.
Update September 4, 2017
The Angular team is racing towards the finish line [a.k.a. Angular 5]! The seventh beta contains 21 bugfixes and nine features, as well as two breaking changes. Let’s have a quick look at what beta.6 has to offer:
Angular 4.4.0: First release candidate is…