Providers in AngularJS Simply Explained
- When you call the provider, what is returned from the provider is an object.
- Message is a provider and it has a method, this.$get .
- The article illustrates how a Provider looks like in simple scenarios like returning a string , returning an object, returning an object having a function, etc.
- So to supply a custom message to the provider from config file, a function having the Provider as argument is supplied to application.config function.
- Using provider, you can supply data from config file.
Providers in AngularJS simply explained; Author: Ningomba; Updated: 21 Dec 2016; Section: HTML / CSS; Chapter: Web Development; Updated: 21 Dec 2016
@masstechgroups: Providers in #AngularJS Simply Explained
By the end of the article, the purpose of a Provider in AngularJS is detailed with a simple example.
The below HTML, index.html is used for all examples given below:
Below is the output when the index.html is rendered in the browser.
b) Provider returns a simple object.
c) Provider returns an object having a method as one of its members:
”. This example is the same as the above example but this illustrates how to invoke a method inside an object.
Using provider, you can supply data from config file. Below is a simple example where a custom message is being provided from config.
This is where a provider differs from factory and service. You can configure it from the application.config.