- Angular offers a poorly documented system : the APP_INITIALIZER provider.
- But this provider is special because it accepts promises.
- Suppose we have a service that would search for a configuration on a remote server.
- Here is our service :
Now, we would like to call the load method before the application bootstrap.
- This is not trivial, so here is the configuration :
Then, during the initialization stage, Angular will execute the load function.
Sometimes, we have to fetch datas before our application boostrap is started. It happens when we have to fetch a server configuration before calling
Continue reading “How to call an asynchronous service before bootstrap ?”
- Basically, what I want is to run the Angular app only when the url starts with .
- I want the angular app to run for the URLs , and so on, but not on .
- Anyway, in order to do this, I am doing the following with my code:
In the template base.html, I refer to my angular app obviously.
- For the angular routing, I have done the following:
So, ideally, what I thought was that going to would run the DashboardController from my angular app.
- As I said before, I want is to run the Angular app only when the url starts with .
In other words, lets say my website is example.com. I want the angular app to run for the URLs example.com/projectkeeper/dashboard/, example.com/projectkeeper/projects/ and so on, but not on example.com/about/.
- In their talk they will introduce you to the world of Angular end-to-end testing.
- Greentube Internet Entertainment Solutions GmbH, is part of the NOVOMATIC Group of companies, one of the largest integrated gaming groups worldwide.
- Greentube is the leading full-service provider in the online & mobile gaming sector and is a pioneer in the development and provision of state-of-the-art gaming solutions.
- As an international and steadily growing company Greentube guarantees interesting insights into the gaming industry and a challenging, team-oriented working environment.
- Please submit your talk by using the meetup contact form or by commenting below.
———- Agenda ———–
• 18:30 – Warm up
• ~ 19:00 – Start
———— Talks ————-
• Angular E2E testing made easy by Gabor Szmetanko & Sandor Vasi (Full Talk)
End-to-end testing i
Continue reading “Angular Vienna February 2017”
- With Vuex, a new possibility presented itself—what if I built time-tracking as a Vue app within Cushion?
- Vue’s view model instance is incredibly lightweight and performant, so when a user switches to the time-tracking tab, Cushion can mount the instance and make any requests to the API from Vuex.
- Now, I can reference the Vue app’s state across the rest of Cushion and inject it into any Vue instance by simply specifying the store.
- On top of that, this opens up a way for me to migrate Cushion from Angular to Vue in steps, rather than rewriting the entire app all at once.
- I could rewrite the Angular controllers as Vue instances, and simply create new store modules in Vuex.
Since launching Cushion a couple years ago, we’ve been using AngularJS (1.x) as our front-end framework. If you’re curious how we ended up with Angular, I wrote about the decision (keep in mind this was 2014). I came from an MVCS background, so Angular really resonated with me, and it has served us well this entire time. Recently, however, with our improvements to the scheduling graph, we reached a point where performance has become an issue.
Continue reading “Journal: How to embed Vue.js & Vuex inside an AngularJS app… wait what?”
- Picture from How to structure large angularJS applications
Here are some of the characteristics of AngularJS:
Data-binding is an automatic way of updating the view whenever the model changes, as well as updating the model whenever the view changes.
- It enhances HTML by attaching directives to our pages with new attributes or tags and expressions in order to define very powerful templates directly in our HTML.
- Facilitate building single page application (SPA)
- There are two types of angular script URLs we can point to, one for development and one for production:
For angular.min.js, we can use it like this:
The following code demonstrates the usage of the ng-directives:
AngularJS starts automatically when the web page has loaded:
We’ll get to the details in our subsequent tutorials.
AngularJS Tutorial: Introduction
Continue reading “AngularJS Tutorial: Introduction”
- I searched a lot of resources but none was appropriate to my problem.I am working on project ,and I want a to whenever he refreshes the page but without routing.
- I have tried to call in the main of the page(this servlet checks whether the session exists or not),but it did not work.
- Note: The session is created once the user or .
I searched a lot of resources but none was appropriate to my problem.I am working on single page application (SPA) project ,and I want a logged in user to stay logged in whenever he refreshes the page but without routing.
Continue reading “java”
- At first it was going to be Angular 2 vs React, but then a friend mentioned that people who used Vue wished they had known about it sooner and preferred it over React.I built a small dynamic single page in a single app in Vue 2, Angular, and React and I measured things like learning time, difficulty, and boilerplate.
- The boiler plate was less than Angular 2 and less than React.
- Vue also had directives which allowed my users to maintain their theme api.Vue is more like Angular 1 than Angular 2 is (without Dependency Injection) and it’s faster than even React.Vue 2 combines the best parts of React, and Angular 1 2.
- Keep in mind when I said Angular 2 took I week, I meant just the initial learning not mastery.ConclusionFor any new web app, I will almost certainly recommend Vue 2 over React or Angular 2.
- Members of your team can learn and master it faster, the framework runs faster than the other two, the boiler plate is the least exhausting, and it provides the best capabilities of React and Angular 1 2.
We started a contest at my job to see which framework was the best. At first it was going to be Angular 2 vs React, but then a friend mentioned that people who used Vue wished they had known about it…
Continue reading “Why Vue 2 beats Angular 2 and React – Jon Paul Miles – Medium”